We have faced many unique challenges throughout the last two years, as individuals and as organizations. The current supply chain complication presents the latest challenge in a long series of unprecedented, pandemic-induced events.
The COVID-19 disruption has affected global shipping supply chains primarily through manufacturing delays and an imbalance of equipment and labor. Watchpoint Logistics, Inc.’s international customers have even built additional weeks into their scheduling due to ongoing delays. To minimize disruptions internationally, Watchpoint works closely with each customer, providing alternate routes, modes, and staging areas to help relieve stress points in their supply chain. For domestic shippers, we have focused our attention on finding solutions to the national driver shortage. This has been an ongoing issue for several years, but COVID-19 has certainly exacerbated the situation.
To alleviate stress points, Watchpoint Logistics, Inc., continuously seeks creative logistics solutions that meet and exceed our customer’s high expectations. Here are a few steps we have taken to address the current supply chain disruptions:
· National Carrier Capacity Expansion – We have created new partnerships with additional national and regional carriers to subsidize current capacity.
· First & Final Mile Delivery Partnerships Increased – We have identified and established new agent/partners across the US to add local pickup locations and increase delivery capacity.
· Warehousing and Logistics Capacity Expansion – We have added over 100,000 sq. ft. of new warehousing space on the West Coast to support bottleneck congestion. We have also created new partnerships with logistics organizations in major US metropolitan areas in order to accommodate additional capacity requirements.
· Advanced Tracking via IoT Service – We are deploying state-of-the-art cellular devices to ride with high-value cargo. This provides fine-tuned tracking and more accurate forecasting models for shippers.
· Applications & Visibility Tools - Our programming team is creating additional links with an expanded underlying carrier network. They are also coding additional mobile and cloud-based applications that better capture transit and on-hand data in a quicker, more detailed fashion.
The Watchpoint team continues to survey the everchanging supply-chain landscape. We are committed to addressing each challenge that comes our way with the creativity and expertise that distinguishes Watchpoint from the competition. We truly appreciate each and every customer and look forward to a long and mutually beneficial partnership in the years ahead.